Friday, June 3, 2011

Five month weight loss

 

I have to share!!  I have PolyCystic Ovarian Disease, which has caused me to gain 150 lbs in 8 years.  I may not exercise like I should, but I am a fairly healthy eater.  No matter what I did, the weight kept piling on and nothing I did caused any of it to go away.  Fast forward to this past January when I changed doctors.  The new doc made the connection between the PCOD, the type 2 diabetes I'd developed, and the huge weight gain/inability to lose.  She put me on medications to reverse the effects of the "famine mode" the PCOD had convinced my body I was in and the weight started dropping.  Five months later, I'm down almost 40 lbs. I knew I'd been losing and I do a happy dance every time I have to buy new pants, but it did not occur to me how much better and healthier I looked until I took a new full-length pic this morning and compared it to an old full-length pic from when I was at my heaviest.  Talk about motivation!!  We're moving this summer and joining the rec center in the new town.  I can't wait to compare again after a few months of hitting the fitness room and indoor pool!!

The skinny bitch inside WILL make another appearance sometime in the future!!

  • Starting Weight: 288/January 5, 2011
  • Starting Shirt Size: 3XL
  • Starting Pant Size: 22-24

 

  • Today's Weight: Somewhere between 250-255
  • Today's Shirt Size: XL or 2XL
  • Today's Pant Size: 18 and getting really close to 16!!

I admit it – I keep pulling up the pic and just staring at it!!!

 

Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment